One of our partners, Sarah J. Draper, sits on the Board of Directors of the Lincoln County Law Association (the “LCLA”)
The LCLA, Three Fires Community Justice and the Department of Justice are hosting the 2016 Ontario Indigenous Justice Gathering on October 12-14, 2016 at the DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The Gathering is a rare opportunity for lawyers, indigenous and non-indigenous justice stakeholders to share and acquire cultural training and knowledge in criminal and family law while building and fostering relationships. Speakers at the event include:
- Chief Wilton Littlechild, IPC, CM, FP, QC, LLD(hon), Former Commissioner of the Truth & Reconciliation Commission
- Regional Chief Isadore Day
- Justice of the Peace Audrey Greene Summers
- Bev Jacobs, LLB
- Maya Chacaby, Senior Researcher of OFIFC
- Rick Hill, Projects Coordinator, Six Nations Polytechnic
- Valarie Waboose, Assistant Professor, University of Windsor, Faculty of Law;
- Chris Angeconeb, Legislative Analysis Coordinator
There will also be a film screening of “Our Sisters in Spirit” and the Gathering will be facilitated by Michelle Sault & Rick McLean.
For conference information, please contact: IndigenousJusticeGathering@gmail.com
For conference registration information contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-685-9094.